Friday, March 20, 2020

Use of Technology

Use of Technology 


Hey guys!

As you may know from my previous blog posts, Covid-19 has still put a halt on our production process. After our last virtual meeting with our teacher, my group and I have came to the consensus that we will redo our entire storyline, I will update you guys in an upcoming blog post. For now, I decided on focusing on what I could actually control, such as our technology. Technology has been a big part of our self-isolation and has also made me realize that I could figure out what software I would use to edit my part of the film opening, along other things. 

As I analyze my previous online tools that I used throughout the project process up until now, I see that I have implemented technology in almost any aspect I saw possible, without purposely doing it.

For editing I will be using IMovie on my MacBook Pro. IMovie has been my usualy go to editing software as I fully understand how to use it and the easy hacks behind it making editing flow better. Another main reason as to why my group decided on IMovie as opposed to a site such as WeVideo that we have used in the past is because we all have an Apple Laptop at home. Since we are in self-isolation and filming and editing will be equally split up among us three, it would be better for us to stick to one editing platform to reduce any further pixelates in our end product. Also on my MacBook Pro, as you can see in the picture below where I circled in red, there is a touch bar, which makes it so convenient to go through long segments of footage and find the specific second I need to split or delete. 




For creating our script we used Celtx.com, which is an online platform in which we can type up any screenplay or script. We had an account previously from our last screenplay that we had to write, so it was easy to create. Celtx is the perfect pre-production software that aided in our planning of our original script. 

For planning our entire filming process, my group and I used Google Calendar. We used this platform to digitally add and remove events and mix around our filming times as well as our production details of what we wanted done by certain days. Google Calendar was also helpful because I was able to create a calendar specifically for our film opening project and then invite my other two group members to edit and add events. It allowed us all to stay up to date with each others schedule so we could properly organize everything. 


To plan out and have every idea we came up with on 'paper', we took to Google Docs to save our work. Everything from the first ever planning we did all the way to the costume design and mood board ideas was done on Google Docs. It was the most convenient way since I was able to create a document and share it with my other two members. 




Another technology tool that we used for filming was our IPhone 11 Pros. Originally we had planned on using Janey's brothers professional camera for our film opening, however due to Covid-19 and self-isolation, we were unable to make this happen. The resolution of our Iphone 11 is perfect for our film opening. Here is some information on the camera for the Iphone 11 Pro and also an example of some basic shots I took on it to show the resolution and features. 





Here is me using the wide - camera angle feature:




Here is me using the regular camera : 












No comments:

Post a Comment