Friday, March 13, 2020

Script


Hey guys!

My group and I have curated a script for our film opening last class. Here it is:






We went onto Celtx (https://www.celtx.com) and had an account previously from our last screenplay that we had to write. In this script however, it was different from your usual script. This script was completely lacking in dialogue and instead had more direction and description. The only dialogue we were able to include was the ending of our short film where Mia greets her mom as she walks into the house. We tried to keep the script short and simple, as to not get over complicated with what we wanted. The purpose of having this script was to have an overview of the process that we would have while filming. 

I did some research on my own, prior to having the class in which we wrote the script to see if it was actually worth our time. I thought that instead of spending time writing a script that perhaps we should dedicate some time instead to planning other aspects of our production that appeared to be more important. 

As I did some research, I found out that in fact by writing a script, we are using it as a vital planning device. Even though our group did not have much dialogue in our script, I remember in our group meetings from a few classes ago, that some of the people were also making scripts, despite not having much dialogue and more action. This also encouraged me to have our group come up with a script. 
 
I went on these two websites : https://amifw.com/the-importance-of-script-writing/ and https://www.lawyersrock.com/what-is-screenplay/ and found some interesting reasons as to why having a script was important and valuable to our production process. Here is a screenshot of what I annotated and found useful towards the making of our script for “Little Town”. 



After doing my own research and reflecting upon the notes I took during my group meeting a few classes ago, I realized how important a script would be for our film despite the lack of dialogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment