Thursday, March 5, 2020

Group Meeting


Group Meeting -


Hey Guys! 

At the beginning of last week we had the opportunity to sit down with other students in a group and discuss our ideas of our film opening. My group consisted of six people and total, each with a different storyline, film genre, and plot. This was one of the most interesting discussions I had thus far about my film opening. It was different to be able to bounce ideas off of other students and get feedback. Also something I realized was as I had to basically give my entire storyline I kind of realized along the way as I was presenting my ideas what was ultimately realistic and what was not. Since that last group meeting our plot line has changed quite a bit and I wish I could get more feedback on our new ideas, however this is what I presented to my group.

I first directed them to my blog and had them go to my post labeled “General Outline”. Here I had them skim what I wrote as I relayed the plot of the story to them. As I finished giving my basic premise of the film, the group was enticed and seemed to enjoy the plot line. Also, they had helpful ideas, not just mundane suggestions. As I showed the group my mood board and my costume design layout, they immediately suggested that I check out thrift shops such as Goodwill, and one girl in particular recommended a specific location to me, I’ll include a picture here:


Another good recommendation I got from the group meeting was to try and secure a time slot to use our school auditorium (where the stage is) early on, because one person said the drama classes were practicing and rehearsing for an upcoming show. I immediately added this to my groups Google Calendar letting them know as well how urgent securing a time slot to film there was. 

I also got the idea of using the Gay pride pin to reinforce Mia, our main character, is gay. One person had the idea that I get a pack of multiple pins from somewhere such as Amazon, and have them in most shots, just to provide a continuity identity for Mia. After class was over I did some research and found these that I will present to my group to consider us purchasing. Here are the pins I found: 


Overall, the group meeting gave me great ideas for our film opening and I was happy to share them with my own group and also received good feedback from them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment