Sunday, March 15, 2020

Potential Title/Credit Fonts

Potential Title and Credit Fonts


Hey guys!

So, as you guys saw from my last post, we are currently in self-isolation and in a very strange situation due to Covid-19. This is very unfortunate to our entire production process and hindered the filming and producing we were planning on doing during the upcoming days. I had other blog posts planned out, however I had to change them and alter my posts that I had previously laid out.

Since I am at home isolated from my group, I was brainstorming things I could still do on my part to contribute to our production process, and that is when I came up with the idea to research and find fonts that I like and go with the 'vibe' of our genre. Since we will be having opening credits showing the title and actors, I figured this would be a good thing to explore. 

Firstly, I started by hand sketching some various ways to write our title, "Little Town". Here are some rough drafts I did on a white board at home : 



Then, I went online to a website called https://www.dafont.com where I explored the wide variety of fonts they had available to use. How it works on this site is you choose the font of your liking and download it. Then, you open the font and in my case since I am using a MacBook Pro Laptop, I opened the font in the downloads folder and added the font to my font list. In the program Pages, I was able to open the font and use it to create different phrases.
When selecting a font, since there were so many options, I explored the Fancy tab and selected 'Retro' and also tried out 'High Tide'. I also was able to play around with colors for our potential film title.

I will continue to brainstorm other fonts and ways to display out film title and credits. As always I will keep you guys updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment