Sunday, March 1, 2020

Costume Design

Costume Design:

Hey guys!

As I have previously mentioned, we have finally created a name for our main character, Mia. As we have her name and her persona established, my group and I thought it would be a good idea to create potential outfits/wardrobe for Mia. This will give us inspiration for when we start to film and will also help us with our planning process more. Since we did not have all of the clothes right now, we did research on what a girl that is part of the LGBTQ+ community would typically wear and we got some ideas from pictures online. Since our group and project is small, we wanted to be sure that we were checking websites that sold items within our budget range.



We envisioned the shirt being something with rainbow colors on it paired with mom jeans and high top sneakers. To fully curate this outfit and make it clear how we wanted Mia to appear, I went on “ShopLook” which is an app that you can use to create outfits from scratch. I created the outfit I envisioned her to wear with everything down to earrings and accessories. Another reason why this app was perfect for this was after you create a look, you can find other outfits people created that were similar to yours. This gave me more inspiration as it showed me other ways to wear rainbow themes clothing or what accessories would go well, since Mia’s style is unlike any of ours within the group. Here is a picture of my final product : 




Then I went through similar outfits to the one I created and used that for more inspiration. Here is a quick video of me scrolling through the different outfits:






No comments:

Post a Comment