Thursday, March 26, 2020

Footage and Prep

Footage And Prep


Hey guys!

We have finally decided on our new and final storyline! I will post about it in the upcoming posts. For now I wanted to post about some footage that we already have that we are going to use in a specific part of the film.
This video of Janey dancing will be our footage for when she drifts off into her daydream. Originally, we were going to film Janey on a stage, in particular the stage in our auditorium at our school. However, due to Corona Virus causing us to social distance as well as school being completely closed, we have no access to the stage at any point in the near future. This is just one of the many modifications we had to make to our original storyline.

In this video we plan on tweaking it to make it seem more of a daydream, so it can easily be distinguished from reality. 

Here is the video before I edit it: 


We plan on editing the video to appear more of a dream and make it clear what Janey is daydreaming off to. I took some inspiration from this Snapchat filter, but wanted something more professional, so I did my research. 


So, I started doing research on what was available to me through IMovie and apps that are on my phone. I used this website to learn about the different apps that would allow me to add 'stardust' and white specks to my video: https://www.lukaskorynta.com/blog/dust-scratches-effect-lightroom.

https://graphicburger.com/dust-noise-overlay-textures/ on this website I was able to download a free template of how white stardust would look on a picture. 

On this Youtube video, I learned how to use an effect in Adobe Premier Pro to make a video appear to be dreamy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1d3x5WmFw

After doing some research on apps on the IPhone 11, I found one called Snapseed, which allows you to play around with the way the image looks. I was able to add some filters and edit the picture of Janey dancing and I filmed it :












No comments:

Post a Comment