Saturday, April 11, 2020

Reflection

Reflection


Hey guys!

As the days of our production process come to an end, I wanted to post a reflection on the entire process. I wanted to include how it made me and my group feel, how we overcame certain obstacles, and how, in the end, we produced a film opening that we are extremely proud of.

As my group and I have completed our portfolio project film opening, I can now properly look back and see all of the new things I have learned as well as the ways we overcame our biggest obstacles during the production process. We changed our storyline and genre many times throughout our production process, even before Corona occurred. We were constantly striving to be not only realistic but also make a quality production. I can proudly say I am pleased and proud of the final product of "Little Town". Previously, I had never produced an entire film opening, and my only experience was what projects we had completed during class. This project, especially with Corona Virus, made us think outside of the box and compromise on many things.

I had branched out quite a bit when it came to my blog posts. I used new apps including 'Shoplook' for our costume design inspiration and 'Snapseed' to edit a portion of the film itself. I have learned to explore new apps and softwares, as they bring new opportunities of creativity, which I felt I was able to perfectly capture within my blog. Also, from having required blog posts every week, my group and I had no room to slack off and stuck to our schedule from Google Calendar.

Our film developed into an idea that was changed countless times in all aspects. I learned to adapt to situations that were not in my control. As this entire stay at home order was issued, was the same time my group scheduled to film our video. Being forced to adapt, we changed our genre, storyline, and method of filming completely. I would say this change was for the better, as our film opening now is much more simple and straightforward than our previous idea. Janey had to film the entire film by herself, with her phone instead of our high quality camera which we planned on using. It is the little things like this that we had to change around, but it ended up being for the better.

We learned about patience and communication being the two key components of our entire film production process. It was a lot of team work instead of having one person do a part. Each step of the editing process was validated and had input from all three group members.
We worked together as best we could given the circumstances, however this did not stop us from striving to make a production we were proud of. I have learned technical tools as well as emotional, as to not get frustrated over what our film could have been and the potential our first idea had, but to only look forward and put that energy into producing "Little Town". I learned more from this entire process than I thought I would and I am looking forward to posting our final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment